Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Inching along

I am 11 weeks 1 day pregnant today. Almost to that magical 12 week milestone! I'm feeling progressively better, haven't thrown up in a couple of weeks although I still get the occasional bout of nausea. I'm still dealing with food aversions to an extent, although that is getting better as well. All in all, I'm optimistic that this pregnancy may be bearable yet! I'm excited for sunny weather and being able to go walking in the evenings after work.

One thing that is incredibly strong this time around is my nesting instinct! It's already kicked into high gear and all I can think about is all the things around the house that need to be organized! Unfortunately I am still not feeling good enough to do any of the things I want to yet, so I just have to be driven crazy with no outlet for the time being. I'm still overwhelmingly tired, especially after work. I wish I could get a few days off, but I really can't use any of my vacation time right now.

We are going to Bend, OR this weekend to visit with Lynn (Elijah's other grandma) and her family. She happens to be making the trip out there for a week because her mom is going into surgery, and she is buying us a room for Saturday night so we can bring Elijah to visit. I'm really glad that Elijah will be able to visit her. He hasn't seen his other grandparents since the wedding, and I know they miss him terribly.

Well that's it for the updates for now, not much to report. I have an appointment with the midwife next week (which will be my first official prenatal appointment) and will post if there is anything interesting to say! This early in the pregnancy, the visits are mostly just talking and checking blood pressure and all that, so it will probably be pretty boring :)

Have I mentioned I'm almost a THIRD of the way through this pregnancy! I can't believe it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks