Sunday, February 7, 2010

9 weeks

I'm so excited for spring this year! I think because I've just been so sick and cooped up over the last month or so, that the sunshine just picks up my spirits. We've had a few beautiful days this week, and everything is vibrant. I wanted a camera so bad this week to take pictures of all of the happenings that remind me that spring is almost here! In lieu of that, here is a bulleted list. Not quite as aesthetically pleasing but still blog-worthy.

*Small purple crocus right by Nana's door (immediately followed by the two year old who lives upstairs picking it and ripping it to shreds. Nice while it lasted though)
*First Daffodils of the year!
*Twin black lambs frolicking in a pasture (cutest. thing. ever. All of a sudden there are little lambies everywhere. It's like all the sheep in Oregon got together and gave birth on the same day)
*The beginning of the buds on the trees outside my office. In about a month they will be completely pink with cherry blossoms

Well I better get a camera like FAST. I think people are supposed to take pictures when they have babies. Seems like a good idea.

Speaking of babies, I'm not really feeling too much better unfortunately. I do think I'm managing things a little bit better these days, but I'm still losing weight and can still barely eat. Every day it is a struggle. Every day that goes by gets me closer to that magical 12 week mark. I hope and pray that I will start feeling progressively better very soon, so that I can focus on eating right and taking my supplements so that I can be as healthy as possible for this pregnancy. I also REALLY want to be able to work out, even if its just walking. It's really important for me to take care of myself this pregnancy. I just feel like it will help me so much in the end.

I'm starting to feel a lot more "into" the pregnancy though. It's starting to feel more real. I actually started working on my baby registry. I know it's early, but it's partially for myself - I need a "wishlist" of sorts so I can start getting some stuff. I'd rather get it all slowly over the next 7 months, rather than have to try and scramble to get it all at once. It has the bonus of being exciting and getting me into the mentality that soon I will have an actual baby.

I'm 9 weeks pregnant today. The baby has arms and is working on hands (hopefully he/she get's daddy's hands and not my sausage fingers). One thing I find interesting is the baby has nipples already, but not hands. It seems like nipples would be like a finishing touch type of thing. Things that make you go Hmmm.

No comments: