Saturday, February 13, 2010

I love Craig.

It looks like Jay's eye problem was an allergy of some kind after all. It's totally gone after just a couple days of anti-histamines. We still don't know what caused it, he most likely got something in there when he was working.

I've been perusing craigslist for baby things. I've also just about finished my baby registry. Hopefully I can get some things used from Craigslist and resale shops and then I will just take those items off the registry. I hate the idea of anyone paying full price for something that could be obtained so much cheaper just by getting it used. For instance, I have a Graco Quattro Tour travel system (Stroller + Carseat) on the registry, which is $329 (gasp). I knew that would be a big thing I would want to get used. I mean honestly, three hundred bones?? But it's the same system I had with Elijah and LOVED it. It got me through many a long day at the Wild Animal Park. But still, I mostly plan to wear this baby in wraps/slings/etc, and it seems silly to spend so much just to have the newest version of something. Anyway, I found one today (the EXACT same travel system, in perfect condition, but a little bit of an older style) on Craigslist for FITTY DOLLA!!! Thats right, $50! I emailed the seller and hope, hope, hope its still there so I can get it today. It's even a unisex black/grey pattern.

There's a bunch of other stuff I found on there too, cloth diapering stuff, cheapo changing tables, the nursing pillow I want, etc. I feel like a kid in a candy store. too bad my funds are so limited at the moment. That's ok though. My plan is to start putting money aside into a savings account every month so that I can have a little to buy things with when I find them, and just spend a lot of time checking out resales and craigslist and ebay.

For what it's worth, if anyone is planning on buying me something - the registry is basically a list of things we want/need, but if you can possibly find it cheaper by buying it used, PLEASE do so. I loved used things, I feel like it's better for the environment to buy used, plus it's good for everyone's pocketbook.

Anyway, It seems like summer is just around the corner. I really want to have a good portion of the things I need for this baby by the time Gretchen comes out in August to help me put the house in order. I'm going to be in my second trimester in just a couple weeks (I think these last couple weeks of my first trimester are going to be the longest part of this pregnancy...except maybe that last hot, miserable month). I can't believe I will be 1/3 done with this pregnancy!

No comments: