Friday, April 30, 2010

Halfway there


I'm 20wks 4 days pregnant today. It feels like I'm carting around a melon, which apparently I am. I'm almost 21 weeks so officially more than halfway to my due date. Not counting the fact that I fully expect to set some kind of overdue record. Don't ask me why.

We had our midwives appointment on Wednesday. I had my blood drawn and got the email from our midwife today saying that my results were good, everything is wonderfully normal. I'm not anemic or anything, all my levels are right where they should be. She also felt my fundus (top o' the uterus) and it's also right where it should be at 20 weeks, so baby is growing right on target. She said that we would begin measuring it at my next appointment (for anyone who doesn't know, they measure from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus and it usually corresponds in cm with about how many weeks along you are...its just a way of measuring growth basically). We tried to listed for the heartbeat with the fetoscope (click that link if you want to see what one looks like), but it was still hard to pick up. I feel baby moving ALL the time (pretty sure she is going to wind up in Cirque Du Soleil one day) and its normal for it to take awhile to hear the heartbeat with the fetoscope, so it's no biggie. Jay was a little dissapointed though, he really wants to hear it.

It's crazy to think that after my appointment in June (which will be the week after I get back from Calli), I'll have to start seeing them every other week because I'll be in my third trimester already. Crap. I have a LOT to do before then...my days of being nicely mobile and somewhat comfortable are coming to a rapid close.

I've also started yoga and it ROCKS!!! Now I just need to figure out how to get myself to a chiropractor!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can't believe ur halfway already. it goes so fast for the non pregnant person. lol