Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Snow!





It snowed yesterday! It only snowed on the tops of the mountain, but still...it looked really pretty and I don't think it would take much more to bring that snow down to lower elevations. Most of you know I pretty much hate snow, but I am getting really excited, because this will be my first experience living in it, and I'm game to give it a shot. Mainly I am excited for Elijah, because He's never seen snow in real life! It will be fun to make snowmen with him and take him sledding and all that.

These pictures are from the hills (mountains??) right in front of the house. Elijah was completely disappointed when we awoke to clear skies and (albeit brusque) sunshine. It's already clouding over a bit again, so we will see.

By the way, as an unrelated side note and sort of an addendum to my last post (the "lemon bars are good for the soul" one) I wanted to add that lemon bars are not good for small children to have for breakfast! Just in case anyone was considering it. Yesterday morning while I was on the computer sending an email and drinking my coffee, Elijah found the rest of the lemon cheesecake bars in the dish sitting on top of the oven. I walked in the kitchen to refill my coffee and found the entire top of the bars gone and the middle filling part pitted with craters made by small fingers (the bars were layered crust then lemon filling then cheesecake topping)...I guess as Bill Cosby says that at least when you only have one child you always know who did it! He was literally zooming around all day and it was too cold for him to play outside and the car wouldn't start for me to take him anywhere (it's fine, but we need to fix the connection of the wire thingy to the battery thingy...don't mind the technical lingo) so needless to say I almost cried tears of joy when it was bedtime. Anyway, word to the wise, hide your lemon bars if you have children :)

No comments: