Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lemon bars are good for the soul

Am presently sitting here with a nice hot mug of red raspberry leaf tea and a lemon cheesecake bar, and felt like writing for a few minutes. The lemon cheesecake bar was born out of a very cold day necessitating the need to bake and a deal with myself that I would take a nice long walk later. The walk did not come to fruition, so I settled on having a second lemon cheesecake bar. Not exactly the best moment of my dieting day. Haha, well at least they were made with low fat cream cheese, and I can walk tomorrow :)

Today was the first day that I felt - really and truly- cold. It was over cast and stormy today, but the rain kind of came on and off, so no biggie. The sun even came out for a bit (as they say in Wyoming "if you don't like the weather here...wait five minutes" apparently thats the saying, and quite accurate at that). Then while I was putting the lemon cheesecake bars in the oven, I heard the wind begin to howl and heard along with it, the distinct smattering of...something...rain? I thought if it was rain, it was raining really hard! It turned out to be hail, and the gusty wind blew off the top of our trash can into the neighbors front lawn. The distance felt formidable as I covered my head with the hood of my (rather ineffectual, it turns out) sweatshirt and dashed across the yard to retrieve it...OW! Those little pellets felt like beebees...really really cold ones haha! They blew under my hood and onto my face. Brrrr. It's calmed down now, but all I can think is how miserable it must be on the mountain where Jay is...that, and there will be no real archery hunting on days like today, meaning a longer stay for him.

So I have discovered, the thing about marrying someone you actually like (I mean in addition to love, obviously) to be with is that it's not a whole lot of fun when they are gone. I'm still happy I came here, and I don't generally have a problem being alone (well, not alone so much as sans adult interaction), but I just miss Jay when he is gone. For instance if something funny (or like yesterday-completely upsetting) happens, I want to tell him about it. I've actually taken to writing things down in little notes and whatnot and just giving them to him when he comes home for a day or two. It would be alot easier if there was phone service where he was...I forgot that there were places remote enough to not receive a signal haha. I actually thought we'd be able to talk on the phone! I'm such a city girl ;) But I am learning.

I'd love to hear from everyone, so if you are reading this, throw me a note :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is Jay out hunting? He'll be back when the season is over?

Caterpiller Girl said...

yes, he's gone for sometimes a few days, sometimes a week or so at a time. Funny, I never thought I'd plan my life around hunting season ;) Live and learn...how are you?

Anonymous said...

This is your sister, and I'm sooo jealous!YUMMY lemon bars sound good! And I wish that I was there to laugh when you went out in the hail, and to keep you company so that you wouldn't miss jay so much. However it's possible that you would just miss him more hahaha just kidding. I miss you! Give Elijah kisses
p.s. We rock at writing!!! I hope that you know how awesome your blog is and think about turning it into a book- love ya sisi