Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ok so it's not a sure thing, but...


Everyone knows my estimated "due date" is September 12th. Now, don't go and get me started about the fallacy of "due dates" (or as some people tend to think of them as - expiration dates). Needless to say, I don't put a whole lotta stock in them. I'd be pretty surprised if I had this baby very close to that date at all. The women in my family tend to really cook em. I'll be happy if I have the baby before October, frankly.

I've told a couple of people that for some reason, Sept 23rd is stuck in my head for this baby's arrival. It just seems like a good day to have a baby, and almost 2 weeks over my "due date".

Today there was a discussion on my online due date club (bunch of ladies due in Sept) about how babies tend to come around the full moon. This prompted me, purely out of curiosity, to look up the date for the full moon in Sept. Guess when it is? The full moon is on September 23rd!

Now, I have no real delusions that I can actually predict the date of this baby's arrival, but wouldn't it be funny?

No comments: