Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Full term!

I made it! I'm 37 weeks, which means I'm officially full term. Of course, all that really translates to is that I spend most of my waking hours thinking I could go into labor any second and it's basically akin to chinese water torture. I don't feel anything imminent on the horizon. Really, that's not such a bad thing since Gretchen isn't coming for a couple more weeks and I still have some things to do, but....try telling me that at 3:30am when I'm trying to get my enormous whale-o-pottomus self out of bed for the millionth time....or when I'm trying to simply stand up after sitting for more than 10 minutes and my pelvis is so stiff it takes me 5 more minutes just to get to my feet (and in the process I'm likely to drop something or knock something over and I've completely lost the ability to bend down to pick things up, so I'm lowered to glaring at them impotently, truly wishing I possessed Jedi mind powers or Mary Poppins' magic touch...but I digress). Anyway, other than being massively pregnant and having hips made out of legos, I'm feeling pretty good I guess. Maybe it's just that my standards are low since my last pregnancy was so....oh whats the word...hellish. At any rate, my health is good, baby is good, and there are some sweet moments every now and then (organizing baby clothes, Jay telling the baby to "go towards the light", Elijah saying goodnight to the baby every night, etc) that I'm trying to enjoy while I can.

We are also getting ready for the start of school around here. Elijah starts second grade on the 8th of Sept, and Jay and I start classes on the 27th. We are of course, ever so far behind but I'm confident it will all work out. It helps that I'm just tired enough not to care about things I would normally be stressing over. I'm realizing just how many things are unimportant.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

yaaaaaay! baby soon. awwww lil baby :D