Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Road

We set out Wednesday morning at about 7:30, a little later than we originally planned. I woke up with a cold that got progressively worse as the day drug on, and in fact right now I am surrounded by tissues as I type this. Our trip was pretty uneventful for the most part, Elijah was so good we couldnt believe it. I think Jay and I complained more than he did, and he never even asked to stop to go potty or anything. Thank goodness (and Aunt Amanda) for portable DVD players, haha.

This is a picture of Southern Utah, right after we crossed the state line. Thank goodness, I was getting pretty bored of the Nevada scenery.


More pics of Utah, it was soooo much better than Nevada. Southern Utah is still mostly desert, but there is actually some green going on the more north you get. We spent alot of our trip going through Utah...as you can see.

Below are a couple pics of Idaho, it was just getting dark.



Here's some of the three of us around hour 9 of driving...


(Eli was multitasking...playing with his new pirate ship and watching a movie)
Jay after a giant starbucks coffee....he perked right up.

Me, upon discovering that I had missed the 'Welcome to Idaho' sign - I'd wanted to take a picture of it. I found out a few minutes later that I hadn't missed it at all and was much happier.

We got to Wyoming around 11:30, so it was too dark for me to see anything.

I woke up this morning and stepped outside wanting to take pictures of my first glimpses of Wyoming, but the batteries were dead in the camera, so I will have to wait untill tomorrow for that. I'll post all about the adventures we have had so far here, and let me tell you, there have already been some. I will say that this place is much more beautiful than I could have imagined, and I think we are going to be really happy while we are here. Elijah is beside himself with the freedom and all the new things he is seeing and learning.

1 comment:

g said...

I love love love that your doing this blog, it makes me feel not so far away I guess. The songs you have playing are perfect but heartbreaking they are sad and make me miss you....Love to all